Home » Patna Golf Club

Patna Golf Club

Patna Golf Club The beginnings of the Patna Golf Club can be traced back to 21st. March 1916 when the Government of the Province of Bihar & Orissa had sanctioned the lease of 165 acres of land west of the Government House to the South Bihar Gymkhana Club. The Formation of the club had been activated among others by Mr. C. S. Bayley who was later to become the Governor of Bihar. The First President and Secretary of the club were Mr. W. Maude and Mr. H. K. Briscoe respectively. The annual rental of the lease was fixed at 8 annas per acre per annum. The South Bihar Gymkhana Club was envisaged... 
© 2010 BiharDays    
   · RSS · ·